Sunday, November 8, 2009

Ahhh... Fall!








As many of you already know, this is my very favorite time of year. The colors, the smells, the weather, the food, the clothes, and the FOOTBALL! It definitely makes saying farewell to summer easy on me!

OK, let's take it from the top...

HUSKIES! Finally got that monkey off of our backs. Some of you may not know this, but Ricardo and I are going on our second season as season ticket holders. We have fabulous seats and so far this season has been far and away more fun than the 2008 season. I needn't explain why (OH, and thanks for nothin' TY!). I cannot even describe how excited we were for the Dawgs in those final seconds against USC, it is a feeling I will never forget, and it was another incredible experience that we got to share with each other. AND Ricardo was clever enough to capture the last two kicks of the game on his iPhone, as soon as I get my hands on it I will share with you all. Enjoy, you KNOW we did!

So far we have no plans to miss a single home game, add that to another Clifford family vacation in November and we are a busy family. However, Ricardo was able to secure two Row 6 seats to see Jay-Z at Key Arena on October 17th and we were THRILLED! We had an incredible time!

Speaking of busy, PHEW! Ricardo has healed up so well from his surgery, which is a very good thing because he has been running NON-STOP! He seems to be having a great deal of success and is learning so quickly. He also ended up first in his class after the week he spent in Warsaw, IN. So the pressure is on for his trip back to Warsaw this week. I have somehow survived yet another federal government fiscal year-end. at PNNL. And, of course, school started back up the last week of processing for FY09 (which I lovingly call "Hell week"). I'm taking full loads from here until I have completed my BAS degree. So I am out of the house everyday from 7 am - 7:30 pm. It can be very exhausting and overwhelming but I have the most supportive husband in the world, and couldn't do it without his support. I'm 2/3rds through this quarter and hanging on for dear life!

On a personal note, my most favorite thing about fall is the weather, especially when it gets cold and dark early. It forces us all indoors and back into the constant company of those we love the most. I cherish the early evenings on the couch with my little family, daydreaming about the vacations to come and of course plotting and planning for the day when we will be ready to start planning for our first child. And last, on that note, I want to extend a most excited CONGRATULATIONS to Randi and Tony Butorac. They welcomed their first son, Luca Leon Butorac on November 2nd at 9:27 pm. He is beautiful, weighing 8lbs 4oz, and measuring 20 inches long. We couldn't be happier for them!

The DoValles would like to wish you all a blessed and beautiful fall season!








1 comment:

  1. Hello Miss Patricia! I am so glad to hear that you guys are having such a fun and busy fall season! We are loving life as parents and Luca is just as precious as he can be. We are enjoying every minute of him! Hopefully we can get together sometime soon. Let me know when you guys are on your way over or back from a Husky game - we would love for you to stop by and meet the little man. Love and miss you lots and lots!

    ReplyDelete